Services at Brookside Nursing
Our services are designed to enhance the dignity and quality of life of every resident entrusted to our care.
Brookside is a 96-bed Medicare and Medi-Cal certified facility which offers a team of healthcare professionals including:
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapist
- Registered and Licensed Nurses with Certified Nursing Assistants
- Social Services
- Dieticians and Nutritional Services
- Activity Director
These professionals work with you and your loved one to promote independence, function, safety and dignity.
We take a number of insurance plans including Medicare, Medi-Cal, Health Plan of San Mateo, Kaiser, VA, and Private.
Other amenities available include: Dining Program: Early Bird breakfast served daily between 7-8:00 a.m. We offer a daily alternative menu selection with choices in hot entrees, cold sandwiches, salads, soups, and desserts. Our Resident Dining Committee meets the last Thursday of the month at 2:30 p.m. Our menu choices consistently receive excellent reviews from our residents!
At Brookside we strive to Generate Environments Nurturing Individual Expectations (GENIE), by encouraging all residents to make their personal needs known by voicing their 3 wishes. Our Resident Council meets monthly and has a very active voice in community life. Additionally, residents are encouraged to attend the Monthly Customer Team Meeting. At every care conference we ask residents what we can do to assist them to make their living space feel more personalized and homelike.
Brookside specializes in the following services to address the resident’s medical and functional needs:
- Physical Therapy works with the resident on walking, moving in wheelchair, transfers and building strength and endurance.
- Occupational Therapy works with the resident on enhancing self care skills in dressing, bathing, toileting, and feeding.
- Our Speech and Language Pathologist addresses speech and communication disorders as well as swallowing difficulties with residents.
- Rehab services also include home evals., equipment training, family/caregiver training for all long and short term rehab residents.
- Nursing Services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including the following specialized care:
o IV Therapy, including hydration, antibiotics and pain control via central or PICC line.
o Wound care including wound VAC, whirlpool and specialized care directed by a physician.
o On-site coordination of lab testing, X-rays, and specialized diagnostic tests
- Our Social Services Department is led by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker on-site 5 days a week. Social Services assist residents and their families in identifying issues related to discharge and financial planning.
- Registered Dietician and Nutritional Services to identify the resident’s food preferences as well as medically safe meals.
- Activities Director assists the resident in identifying interests, hobbies and social experiences that prevent isolation and promote engagement. Programs include: Daily exercise classes, including Sit and Be Fit, Move with Music, Warm Up with Diane, Let’s Get Movin’, AM Stretch, and Health Club. Other activities include Music Appreciation, Coffee Klatch, Bingo, Animal visits, Cooking Class, Faith Services, word scrambles and games, Current Events, travelogues, movies, live entertainment, and arts & crafts. Brookside’s van is used for off-site outings. We attend the “Summer in the Park Concert Series”, and visit the seasonal Farmer’s Market. We host several “summer BBQ’s” on our Patio, inviting residents, families, and staff to mingle and get to better know one another over a shared meal. Our public Library provides books, CD’s and tapes to our residents.
- Two Restorative Nursing Assistants on site 7 days per week.
- Beautician services available every Tuesday.
- Our Spa Program allows residents who are physically and medically able to receive a full personalized ‘spa-like’ treatment in a very calm and comfortable environment.
- Our residents and families can surf the internet on their personal computers by using our wireless system.
Brookside Skilled Nursing Center has been recognized as a 2015 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award for its dedication to improving the lives of residents through quality care. The award is the first of three distinctions possible through the National Quality Award Program, presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The program honors centers across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality care for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
The Five-Star Quality Rating System was created to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily and help identify areas about which you may want to ask questions. Brookside has a 4-Star rating based on our health inspections, staffing and quality measures
Received a Kaiser Preferred Provider rating.